A Gentleman’s Guide To All-Natural Skin Care

by Almira on February 1, 2011 · 7 comments

Men's All-Natural Skin Care Products

After years of trial and error in search of the perfect all-natural skin care products, my husband has finally narrowed his skin care regime down to just three products—each work their wonders naturally with no harsh chemicals, phthalates, parabens, or sulfates:

Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Ointment

Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Ointment — my husband uses this as an aftershave lotion to prevent and sooth ingrown hairs and irritations—he used to get them fairly bad prior to finding this product. Excellent for chapped, dry skin. (Found at your local health food store and online)

Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Magic Soap

Dr. Bronner’s – though there are other “flavors”, peppermint is our favorite. It leaves your body fresh and tingly—its especially refreshing on a hot summer day! Their travel sized bottles are fabulous for flying and on-the-go. Literally, it’s the soap for your entire body. (Buy at your local health food store, select grocery stores and online)

Every Man Jack | Shaving Cream

Every Man Jack — the husband had been looking for ages for a better shaving cream that didn’t irritate his skin…then he found this. Fragrance free and perfect for sensitive skin. (Purchase at Target, your local drugstore or online)

Any all-natural gentleman’s skin care products that you simply can’t live without? I must admit, all of these products that my husband uses work double-duty since there are no gender-specific fragrances, they work fabulous for me as well!

Want to be updated on the latest? Subscribe to the feed here.

[Image source: NYPL, Desert Essence, Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap, Every Man Jack]

Find Healthy Republic on Twitter and Facebook Fan Page

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Karen Armitage February 1, 2011 at 4:03 pm

At http://www.nochemicalcosmetics.com there are free reports on how to recognise and avoid toxic chemicals in skin & personal care products.These look like a nice range of products, but ‘natural’ products may also contain chemicals dangerous to the skin & body’s organs.

Almira February 2, 2011 at 8:35 am

So true! Consumers really have to be on their guard these days for hidden chemicals. I checked out the site you mentioned. It includes a list of bad ingredients to watch out for in skin care products. Great find!

edmontonpainting.com February 1, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Cool

Karen Armitage February 2, 2011 at 10:43 am

Thanks Almira! If you are interested in skin and personal care products certified organic to food standards, have a look at http://www.vieworganics.com. I am looking for others with the same passion in avoiding chemicals to join my team, if this appeals, or you are just interested in quality certified organic products, feel free to contact me. Best regards Karen

Karen Armitage February 3, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Dear Almira,
Would you be interested in earning extra income (or just buy products for your own use at discount prices)? The products are Certified Organic to food standards and the birthday special membership price for February is $8! What a great way to start off suppling your family with quality certified organic products. The web site is http://www.vieworganics.com, please take a moment to look at the range and you can contact me through the site. best regards Karen

Almira February 3, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Thanks, Karen! I’ll look into it.
All the best, Almira

Anastasia February 5, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Hey Almira,

Tea tree oil is the best thing ever for my skin! And good call on Dr Bronners. I use it for everything! I even use it as shampoo for my hair. Dad says that he uses it for shaving and likes it better than the other shaving cream he bought before.

I love this blog!